I have been in a bit of a makeup change lately. I have always been an extreme makeup snob…probably partly because my mother was an executive with Erno Laszlo and was a national makeup artist for Bobbi Brown, and I got a bit spoiled.
I have opened my horizons, and have discovered the wonderful world of drugstore makeup.
I still have some fancy stuff, but drugstore makeup has improved in a major way in the last few years. I have been having a great time experimenting, and am sharing my results with you!
Now, I am very picky about my summer makeup. It needs to be majorly waterproof. I am outside a lot, and sweating, and in my pool, and I want to be able to put my makeup on in the morning and not have to redo it every time I go in and out, or when I jump in the pool.
DISCLAIMER: I do not have a mascara listed, because I have eyelash extensions…but when I did wear it, I ALWAYS wore L’Oreal.
- L’Oréal Paris Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream: I bought this stuff for the first time when I was in Puerto Rico and I needed some darker foundation, and I have been wearing it for about four summers! LOVE this stuff. ($7.87 on Amazon)
- Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer : My friend Tish recommended this to me about a year ago, and it actually works better at covering up my circles than my expensive Cover FX concealer! ($6.99 on Amazon)
- Coty AirSpun Loose Face Powder: A total classic for a reason. ($6.99 on Amazon)
- Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer : This stuff goes on like a dream, and it smells like the beach! ($11.24 on Amazon)
- Milani Baked Blush: I buy this in Luminoso, and I can’t tell the difference between it and my NARS Orgasm! ($7.49 on Amazon)
- Maybelline New York Eyestudio ColorTattoo Metal 24HR Cream Gel Eye Shadow: I HAVE to have an eyeshadow base, and I can’t tell the difference between this and my MAC Paint Pots. ($6.24 on Amazon)
- e.l.f. Eyeshadow Palette Matte: I love my Urban Decay Naked palettes, but I wanted a palette that wasn’t shimmery, because as I am getting older, matte just looks better! This one is a GREAT buy! ($10.00 on Amazon)
- NYX Auto Eyebrow Pencil: This eyebrow pencil is just as good, if not better, than my Bobbi Brown eyebrow pencil! ($3.74 on Amazon)
- Rimmel Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Definer: This stuff stays on longer than my Urban Decay 24 hour one! ($4.44 on Amazon)
- NYX Matte Lip Cream: I love me some MAC lipsticks, but I am really bad about losing my lipsticks all over creation. The NYX lipliners and lipsticks are total dupes for all of the favorite MAC lipsticks, and at under $6!! ($5.99 on Amazon)