This is Day 8 of my new series, 31 Days on a Keto Diet.
I am participating in 31 Days, an online writing challenge started by home blogger, Myquillyn Smith (The Nester), and now hosted by Crystal Stine, where bloggers pick one topic and write a post on that topic every day in October. We all link up just once on day one so that we can see all the topics and read the ones that most interest us.
Day 1: What is a Keto Diet?
Day 3: Menu Planning on a Keto Diet
Day 5: How to Prep For a Keto Diet
Day 6: Eating Out on a Keto Diet
Day 7: 6 Must Haves on a Keto Diet
Most of my diet slip ups happen because I am tired and/or lazy. Everyone seems to spend their time on the run. Whether it is running between work and home, or school and practices, or a combination of all of these, it is especially hard to stay strong when you are on the run.
If you’ll be away from home during the day, cut down on the temptation to go out to lunch by packing lunches and snacks from home. Making five salads for the week is easy and healthy, or you can whip up a big pot of soup and freeze small portions in glass containers to grab for lunch. Also set aside 10 snacks for the week.
I pack a cooler and take it with me everywhere I go. I keep it stocked with bottles of water, Dasani drops, Plexus Slim, almonds, cashews, pickle packs, Quest bars, jerky…all sorts of healthy snacks so that I don’t find myself eating taquitos and a pretzel at QT when I am tired and hungry.
This thing is with me everywhere I go! I take this cooler with me to drive my son to school, to baseball tournaments, to MLB games in Tampa, to Puerto Rico, to Florida…it is the absolute best. Not only does it have pockets, but sometimes it is a nice thing to have a cooler that doesn’t LOOK like a cooler, if you know what I mean. Not that I would EVER try to take a cooler in to an event where I am not supposed to have a cooler, like a baseball tournament where waters are $5/bottle. Just saying.
There are some necessities for my cooler.
IGLOO NATURAL 2# ICE PACK FOR COOLERS// I love these because they are flexible and reusable!
FROGG TOGGS CHILLY PAD EVAPORATIVE, COOLING, SNAP TOWEL// I have a ton of these…they last for years and feel great on a hot day.
WINE2GO – THE FOLDABLE WINE BOTTLE// Yes, you can fit an entire bottle of wine in this! Need I say more?
LOW CARB SNACKS AND DRINKS
- Roasted, salted pecans
- Dasani drops (my favorite is pineapple coconut!)
- Beef jerky
- Marcona Almonds with Rosemary
- Moon Cheese (they taste kind of like Cheese Its!)
- Trader Joe’s Roasted Seaweed Snacks
- Atkins Breakfast Bars (just in case…I try not to use these as a crutch!)
- Torani Sugar Free Syrup (in case I get coffee somewhere that they don’t have sugar free)
- Slim Jims
- Atkins Caramel Chocolate Peanut Nougat (like Snicker’s!)
- Cracker Barrel Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese Sticks
- Mario Snack Olives (in awesome little pouches!)
- Quest Bars (the absolute BEST protein bar. Low carb/high protein…the chocolate chip cookie dough and cookies and cream are the best!)
- Bottles of water
- Vanilla Coke Zero
What do you pack in your cooler??